Tuesday, March 27, 2012

adding a new subscriber

Hi
I have merge replication. One client is already subscribed. I need to add
another client to the publication
The database is pretty big, so I don't want to send the whole db over the
internet.
I want to back it up and restore it, then establish the subscription.
Are the steps
a) backup database
b) recreate snapshot
c) restored db at subcriber B
d) establish subscription at subcriber B
I would assume I don't want any changes to the database made from the other
subscriber between steps a) and d)
Is this right. And I hope recreating the snapshot will not 'damage'
subscriber A
Thanks
Bruce
Thanks
Bruce
Bruce,
if you want a pull subscription, the easiest way is to create an Attachable
Subscription Database (details in BOL). If not, then you can backup and
restore and subscribe without initialization - @.sync_type = none.
HTH,
Paul Ibison
|||Bear in mind that if the database is too large the attachable subscription
will not work. The compressed databse is limited to 2 gig in size so a
large database will have problems.
Rand
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment