Thursday, March 29, 2012

Adding a sysdate to a table

Hi basically Im creating a package and I need to back up the table and put the date in the name of the table whenever the package is run, however I get an error when I try and do it, I think it should be possible but im not sure:

SELECT *
INTO tablename + CONVERT(char(10), GETDATE(), 112)
FROM tablename

So the tablename should looksomething like this

tablename20031210

The error message is: incorrect syntax near +

Can anybody help.

ThanksMaybe...

Declare @.Query nVarchar(1000)

SET @.Query=N'Select * From ' + 'tablename' + CONVERT(char(10), GETDATE(), 112)

EXECUTE sp_executesql @.Query, N'@.level tinyint', @.level = 35|||Thanks a lot this has been driving me crazy. I had to modify the code slightly but it works fine.

DECLARE @.Query nVarchar(1000)
SET @.Query = N'Select * INTO ' + 'tablename' + CONVERT(char(10), GETDATE(), 112) + 'FROM tablename' EXECUTE sp_executesql @.Query, N'@.level tinyint',
@.level = 35

No comments:

Post a Comment