Thursday, March 29, 2012

Adding a sucsriber

Assuming that there is an exiting replication in place between ServerA and
ClientA (subscriber) and now I want to add another subscriber ClientB
How do I go about that
Should I just copy the database from the serverA and add a subscription to
ClientB or I have to do something to the Publication on ServerA
Thank you,
Samuel
Just add another subscriber using the wizard or sp_addsubcription. The
snapshot will be sent to Client B automatically.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"Samuel Shulman" <samuel.shulman@.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:OMZb2rZ4GHA.2208@.TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Assuming that there is an exiting replication in place between ServerA and
> ClientA (subscriber) and now I want to add another subscriber ClientB
> How do I go about that
> Should I just copy the database from the serverA and add a subscription to
> ClientB or I have to do something to the Publication on ServerA
> Thank you,
> Samuel
>

No comments:

Post a Comment