Thursday, March 29, 2012

Adding a resource (Generic Script) to the SQL Cluster

I would like to add a VB Script to the SQL Cluster so that
in the event of a failover the script will execute on the
new active node. The script goes out and checks for the
existance of some key files once a day.
I am running Windows 2003 SQL 2000 in an Active / Passive
configuration.
I have the VBS running every morning through task Mgr, but
I would like to get it configured to run as a clustered
resource and failover to the active node.
Thanks,
In 2003, there is a "Generic Script" resource type that support VBS and Perl
scripts. Check out the following for more details:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ric_script.asp
Regards,
John
"Rodney" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:441301c47333$a3be4aa0$a601280a@.phx.gbl...
> I would like to add a VB Script to the SQL Cluster so that
> in the event of a failover the script will execute on the
> new active node. The script goes out and checks for the
> existance of some key files once a day.
> I am running Windows 2003 SQL 2000 in an Active / Passive
> configuration.
> I have the VBS running every morning through task Mgr, but
> I would like to get it configured to run as a clustered
> resource and failover to the active node.
> Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment