Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Adding a new column of a UDT type fails on "invalid data type"

Hi all,

A strange thing happened to me a few days ago - I tried to modify a table, using the SQL server 2005 management studio, in order to add a new column to an existing table. I've entered the column's name and selected one of my UDTs for the column type. When I pressed "enter", I got the following message "invalid data type" !

Needless to say that shouldn't have happen, didn't happen it the previous version (CTP) and for some reason it works on other computers having the same version !

BTW, the database is sql server 2000.

Any ideas what this works on other computers but not on mine ?

Should I re-install the SQL server ? or the framework ?

Thanks,

Ido.

I'm still getting the error - currently on 2 out of 3 computers.

Any ideas ?

Ido.

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment