Thursday, March 29, 2012

Adding a subscriber which already has the schema and data

Hello,
I use a dynamically filtered publication.
I want to add a subscriber that already has the schema and data. So I create
a new subscription and set the option 'No, the Subscriber already has the
schema and data'.
When I start the new merge agent for the first time, it replicates all
historical data changes since the creation of the publication.
I don't want this behaviour, because the subscriber has already updated data.
I want the merge agent to replicate all changes since the creation of the
subscription.
Does someone has ideas?
thanks in advance, Marco
The merge replication process requires this metadata in order to track
changes. If you run a sp_mergemetadataretentioncleanup this could clean up
your metadata on your publisher and all subscriber, so you might be able to
start with metadata replication tables with no row in them.
You need sp 1 and above for this proc.
"Marco Broenink" <MarcoBroenink@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:491BE7CE-2FD2-4885-908B-355460FAF06C@.microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> I use a dynamically filtered publication.
> I want to add a subscriber that already has the schema and data. So I
create
> a new subscription and set the option 'No, the Subscriber already has the
> schema and data'.
> When I start the new merge agent for the first time, it replicates all
> historical data changes since the creation of the publication.
> I don't want this behaviour, because the subscriber has already updated
data.
> I want the merge agent to replicate all changes since the creation of the
> subscription.
> Does someone has ideas?
> thanks in advance, Marco
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment