Friday, February 24, 2012

add coments to my comments

I want to accumulate user's comment to exists comments.
For example
Updatte mytable
Set Mycomments = MyComments + @.Mycomments
Where mytbale.account_number = @.MyAcountNumber
I always get blank if I add MyComments + @.Mycommetns.
The code works if I have @.myCommnets.
Any suggestions for this issue.
Any information is great appreciated,Are you sure that the current value in the table is Not NULL? If it is, Null
+ <anything> is going to also be Null, and Null will display in client app a
s
empty string...
You might try changing the code to this...
Update mytable
Set Mycomments = IsNull(MyComments,, '') + @.Mycomments
Where mytbale.account_number = @.MyAcountNumber
Then if current value is Null, the code will concatenate '' (empty string)
with the value of @.Mycomments...
"Souris" wrote:

> I want to accumulate user's comment to exists comments.
> For example
> Updatte mytable
> Set Mycomments = MyComments + @.Mycomments
> Where mytbale.account_number = @.MyAcountNumber
> I always get blank if I add MyComments + @.Mycommetns.
> The code works if I have @.myCommnets.
> Any suggestions for this issue.
> Any information is great appreciated,

No comments:

Post a Comment