Friday, February 24, 2012

Add Datafile

I have a need to add a secondary datafile. My question pertains to the
FIlegroups tab in Enterprise Manager. Do I need to change the value of the
Primary Filegroup 'Files' from 1 to 2? From researching, I believe that a
database can only have one primary file.Hi
I prefer to do such things by QA not by EM
CREATE DATABASE databasename
GO
ALTER DATABASE databasename SET RECOVERY FULL
ALTER DATABASE databasename ADD FILEGROUP new_customers
ALTER DATABASE databasename ADD FILEGROUP sales
GO
ALTER DATABASE databasenameADD FILE
(NAME=databasename_data_1',
FILENAME='d:\mw.dat1')
TO FILEGROUP new_customers
ALTER DATABASE databasename
ADD FILE
(NAME='databasename_data_2',
FILENAME='d:\mw.dat2')
TO FILEGROUP sales
"paldba" <paldba@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:560E20AD-0955-44A6-95AF-6C853151F478@.microsoft.com...
>I have a need to add a secondary datafile. My question pertains to the
> FIlegroups tab in Enterprise Manager. Do I need to change the value of
> the
> Primary Filegroup 'Files' from 1 to 2? From researching, I believe that a
> database can only have one primary file.

No comments:

Post a Comment