Saturday, February 25, 2012

add event to application log

How do I add events to be recorded in the application log? I have a process
that is not completing 100% of the time, but I am not getting any events
recorded in the application log. The severity must be < 20. I realize that
opeing this up to all events will cause a lot of activity, but I need to fin
d
out why this process does not complete every time it is run.
Thanks in advance.Doug,
Check out:
sp_addmessage
RAISERROR ... WITH LOG
xp_logevent
The choice will depend on your approach.
HTH
Jerry
"doug" <doug@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:310BB4E6-F9B4-4907-948A-7715B3289C04@.microsoft.com...
> How do I add events to be recorded in the application log? I have a
> process
> that is not completing 100% of the time, but I am not getting any events
> recorded in the application log. The severity must be < 20. I realize
> that
> opeing this up to all events will cause a lot of activity, but I need to
> find
> out why this process does not complete every time it is run.
> Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment