Friday, February 24, 2012

add date range filter - brand newbie to reporting services

I've used report wizard to create a report - one of the fields in the report is a date field. I simply want a From Date: and To Date: filter which enables a user to select a range of dates to filter results. I know how to do this in .Net, but am not sure how to achieve this in RS. If anyone could shed some light, or point me to an thread which describes a similar process, I'd appreciate it.

thx

If you are using Visual Studio then for the data source your query should be just like a stored procedure with a parm...

Select col1, col2

From tbl1

Where col1 = @.parm1

When you open the report in Report Manager it should have a space for you to type in the value.

Now if you are using Report Builder then I don't know as I'm here looking for that answer myself.

|||

If you are using the report builder you just put the following the filter column for the date field.

Between @.SDate and @.EDate

Then go to your report parameters (right click on the upper left corner of the layout)

Click on each parameter SDate and EDate and set the type to Date/Time. It defaults as a string.

Hope this helps.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment