Saturday, February 25, 2012

Add into 2 tables (VS 2005)

Hi, not sure if I've posted at the right area but here goes:

I'm working on a project using Visual Studio 2005 and SQL express server for the database.

Since I'm using VS 05, I use datasources to select, insert, delete, update from my db.

Question is, how do i insert, delete, update from 2 tables using datasource? is it even allowed?

If it's not allowed, are there any solutions other than using the codebehind?

Please help. Thank you.

hi galovesongs,

you can you any of these two solutions

1. on the vs.net

Making use of system.transaction

you can put two of your delete, insert, update inside a transaction

placing two statement in a transaction context

is the best way to go.

pls find a four page article on this link

http://www.devx.com/vb/Door/10608

2. on the database

you can make use of the trigger

i moved the thread here. for better opinions

No comments:

Post a Comment