Saturday, February 25, 2012

Add existing database to a Project

I have an existing database with many procedures that has been managed ad hoc
in the past. I would like now with SSMS to move the database into a project
with an alter script for each object and maintain the project in source
control.
Does anyone know a simple way to acheive this rather than manually scripting
each object?
Is there a better way of doing this?
Thanks for your suggestions.
"David" wrote:

> I have an existing database with many procedures that has been managed ad hoc
> in the past. I would like now with SSMS to move the database into a project
> with an alter script for each object and maintain the project in source
> control.
> Does anyone know a simple way to acheive this rather than manually scripting
> each object?
> Is there a better way of doing this?
> Thanks for your suggestions.
Hi,
I have the same problem with a really big existing database, with many
stored procedures. So I'm very interested in a solution for this too.
Did you get any suggestions so far?
Markus (Germany)

No comments:

Post a Comment