Sunday, February 19, 2012

Add Column to table in merge and transactional rep

Hi,
I have a table that is in both merge and transactional replication and I
would like to add a column to it. Typically, when I add columns to tables in
replication they only exist in one table, so I just go to the publication
properties and add it use the add column button. This time I am a unsure of
how to proceed though because I am not convinced that If I add it through the
interface of the merge publication that it will flow through in the
transactional replication.
So my solution is to add this to the merge replication as per normal and
reinitialize the transactional one and I wondered if anyone had an opinion on
this.
OK, through some experimentation I found that when I go to add a column to
one publication it allows you to choose any others that are applicable, so I
did and that worked great.

No comments:

Post a Comment