Saturday, February 25, 2012

Add existing report

I'm trying to import a report from our report server because the rdl
file was deleted from my machine. I know this sounds stupid but how
do I go about doing it? I thought the files were stored on the server
in rdl format but I can't find them for the life of me.This is not from Visual Studio it is done via a browser, go to the report in
Report Manager via the browser, properties tab, edit report definition. Save
it somewhere other than where you have your project (like in c:\temp). Then
add an existing item to your project and it will copy it over from c:\temp
to the directory where the project files are stored.
The reason you don't find them on the server is that they do not exist as
files, they are stored in the database.
--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Brent" <mills.brent@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:681372b5.0412021247.7f2f5218@.posting.google.com...
> I'm trying to import a report from our report server because the rdl
> file was deleted from my machine. I know this sounds stupid but how
> do I go about doing it? I thought the files were stored on the server
> in rdl format but I can't find them for the life of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment