Friday, February 24, 2012

Add constant variable to report project

I'd like to add a constant string variable to my report project.
Something like stCOMPANY_NAME. I'd like the reports to be portable to some
of our other plants so it would be nice so be able to change the company
name on the header of all the reports by just changing one constant
somewhere in the project. I know this could be done at the report level
(putting a constant in the code block for the report), but can it be done at
the project, public level ?I'm sure there must be an OLEDB/ODBC driver for reading in text files.
Stick in a text file and read it in as a dataset.
If you use the OLEDB provider for ODBC drivers, you can read from Excel.
Hope that helps.
Chris
D Witherspoon wrote:
> I'd like to add a constant string variable to my report project.
> Something like stCOMPANY_NAME. I'd like the reports to be portable
> to some of our other plants so it would be nice so be able to change
> the company name on the header of all the reports by just changing
> one constant somewhere in the project. I know this could be done at
> the report level (putting a constant in the code block for the
> report), but can it be done at the project, public level ?|||You can make Company name as parameter.
Kiran
"Chris McGuigan" <chris.mcguigan@.zycko.com> wrote in message
news:%23$PMtNocFHA.3040@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> I'm sure there must be an OLEDB/ODBC driver for reading in text files.
> Stick in a text file and read it in as a dataset.
> If you use the OLEDB provider for ODBC drivers, you can read from Excel.
> Hope that helps.
> Chris
> D Witherspoon wrote:
>> I'd like to add a constant string variable to my report project.
>> Something like stCOMPANY_NAME. I'd like the reports to be portable
>> to some of our other plants so it would be nice so be able to change
>> the company name on the header of all the reports by just changing
>> one constant somewhere in the project. I know this could be done at
>> the report level (putting a constant in the code block for the
>> report), but can it be done at the project, public level ?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment