Friday, February 24, 2012

Add Date to Report Name and add server name too

Hi

I am new to MS Reporting Services so do forgive the noobish question.

I am trying to add a date to the emailed excel file. Is there someway to do this? I have schedules a daily file, eg file ReportDocument.xls. Is there someway to make it ReportDocument10/06/2006, ReportDocument10/07/2006, ReportDocument10/07/2006 etc? I've been looking around and I can't find an answer to this.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks

Adrian

You could just enter the date/time the file was created in the subject line. Would that be enough?

Subject = @.ReportName was executed at @.ExecutionTime

|||

Thanks

But I was referring to the excel file attachment name being appended with a date, not the subject line with date being appended. I've looked through the MSDN forum and apparently no one has an answer to this.

|||

Hi,

Besides Subject = @.ReportName was executed at @.ExecutionTime is there any other constants that I could use in the subject text box? I tried @.ServerName and @.ReportServerUrl, it did not work.

Thanks,

Philippe

|||

Sorry Adrian, but I don't think this functionality exists in the current version of Reporting Services with the email subscription.

You could setup a file share subscription and have an application that is polling the folder for new files.

Hope this helps.

Jarret

|||How can I extract just the date (and not time) from @.ExecutionTime.

Thanks,
Ashwin

No comments:

Post a Comment